Monday, November 11, 2013

FRANCESCAS

Todays recipe is in Honor and Thanks for our Veterans.
I discovered an Allied Cookery Book, and baked this lovely, rather decadent sounding dessert for my family.

FRANCESCAS


Mix together 2 eggs, 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup of flour (scant), 2 squares of melted bitter chocolate (I used 2 ounces of melted dark chocolate), and 1 cup of chopped (not too finely) walnuts. Bake on well-buttered paper in moderate oven (I baked at 350F). (I baked them for 15 minutes). Cut in squares while hot.

Recipe adapted from Allied Cookery: British, French, Italian, Belgian, Russian/arranged by Grace Clergue Harrison and Gertrude Clergue, to aid the war sufferers in the devastated districts of France, 1916
digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/HumanEcol.AlliedCook‎

No comments:

Post a Comment