Monday, August 13, 2012

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

I called these "pancake cookies", because they came out of the oven very flat.
I'm sure the ratio of butter to dry ingredients had something to do with that, but it also made these chocolate chip cookies very rich and wonderfully delicious and gave them a satisfying crunch.
I baked just enough cookies to share with friends - I was planning to run errands, and wanted to deliver a couple of batches while I was out and about. I left the remaining dough in the fridge, and when I baked it up the next day, the cookies did hold their shape a little better.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips (I used white chips, and cut up a baking bar of dark chocolate)

Heat oven to 350F.
Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, flour, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix together. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
Place mounds of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned.
Cool on the cookie sheet for about 2 minutes before removing the cookies to a cooling rack.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from The Morning News, May 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment