Friday, January 18, 2013

CHALLAH FRENCH TOAST

One of the the very best Christmas gifts we received this year was a loaf of Challah bread, with a recipe attached.
I was able to rise out of the flurry of wrapping paper and ribbon for long enough to make this incredible Challah French Toast for my family one morning.
The subtle eggy sweetness of the bread really enhanced this dish, and made for an absolutely delicious breakfast. My children could not get enough of it, in fact my youngest son proclaimed it was something he wanted to eat every day, and although I don't usually care for French Toast - this was truly the best I have ever tried!! I also could eat it every day!!

CHALLAH FRENCH TOAST




1 egg
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
use 3/4 inch thick, day old bread

Heat skillet.
Beat egg, whisk in butter then milk and vanilla and finally sugar, salt and flour. Whisk until well blended.
Soak bread 30 seconds per side. Let the excess drip off.
Swirl 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet, cook bread for 1 minute and 45 seconds on first side and 1 minute on the other side.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment