Friday, May 17, 2013

CHICKEN AND TORTELLINI SALAD

I always feel like I need to be organizing my cupboards, but especially before we expect company.  While cleaning out the pantry recently, in anticipation of Mum coming to stay, I found a package of mushroom tortellini - one of the random items my husband tends to pick up when he does the grocery shopping. The misfit packet of pasta became the basis of this fresh, tasty dinner, and my shelves were a little less cluttered.

CHICKEN AND TORTELLINI SALAD


1 package of tortellini
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
Process olive oil, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic and worcestershire sauce. Toss olive oil mixture with tortellini, chicken, peas, green onions and parsley, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Southern Living, June 2011
www.southernliving.com/food/‎

No comments:

Post a Comment