Friday, July 27, 2012

OMELET ROLL WITH SALSA

I have made this dish for breakfast, and more recently for dinner - and it was delicious both times. In fact, my daughter enjoyed it so much, she asked me to please make it again for her.
This would be elegant enough to serve to guests, or simple enough for a family meal, however, I am sure the first time I made it, it looked a lot prettier!
The original recipe called for bacon, but I used ham as that was what I had on hand. I'm sure there are many add-ins that would be fabulous, and go perfectly in this recipe.


OMELET ROLL WITH SALSA
8 eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
1 red pepper, finely chopped
8 slices ham, diced
3 green onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup salsa, warmed

Heat oven to 350F.
Line a 15 by 10 inch pan with parchment paper, with ends extending over shortest sides of pan. Spray with cooking spray.
Beat eggs, milk and flour in large bowl with whisk until well blended. Stir in next 4 ingredients, pour into prepared pan. Bake 14 to 16 minutes, or until edges are almost set. Top with cheese bake 2 minutes or until melted.
Roll up omelet immediately. Starting at one short end and peeling off paper as omelet is rolled. Place on platter, cut into slices. Serve with salsa.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Food and Family, Spring 2010
www.kraftrecipes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment