Saturday, December 28, 2013

SMOKED SALMON SPREAD and SALMON ON PUMPERNICKEL POINTS

The last day the kids were in school this year, went by exceptionally quickly, and ended with me running late!! The kids had taken the gifts for their teachers that morning, so it was just a matter of me parking in front of the school and delivering the gifts for the ladies in the office, a few steps into the building. However, I became a bit flustered when a bus driver I had parked in front of started yelling at me, and followed me inside telling me I had to move, a gift bag broke, emptying its sticky contents  onto the steps and covering my fingers, keys and steering wheel in lavender honey.
My carefully planned afternoon was thrown off schedule, as after picking up the kids, I circled back around to the earlier scene of my shame, now emptied of all busses and other vehicles, and went to clean up my mess and check the gifts had arrived safely. I had promised the kids I would take them to Toys-R-Us for an end-of-year-treat, and then drove as fast as I was legally able, to a friends gathering for my own end-of-year-treat.
I made this smoked salmon spread to share and have included another of my favorite smoked salmon recipes - perfect for relaxing and celebrating with!

SMOKED SALMON SPREAD


8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons cream
1/2 pound of smoked salmon, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
crostini

Mix cream cheese and cream until smooth. Stir in salmon, lemon zest, pepper and sour cream. Chill.
Serve with crostini.
Enjoy!


SALMON ON PUMPERNICKEL POINTS


pumpernickel points
thin cut smoked salmon
4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 tablespoons agave nectar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
one bunch of dill (can substitute dry dill)

Combine Dijon, dry mustard, agave nectar, vinegar, olive oil and chopped dill in a food processor to make mustard sauce.
Place a piece of smoked salmon on a pumpernickel point, spread with cream cheese. Top with mustard sauce and garnish with a sprinkle of dill.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Dwell Magazine, September 2012
www.dwell.com/articles/recipes‎

No comments:

Post a Comment