Wednesday, June 19, 2013

ZESTY PIMIENTO CHEESE SANDWICHES

My husband grew up dining on pimiento cheese - it is his comfort food and something he fondly associates with his Grandmother.
Although it's not something I would ever venture to buy, he will often pick up a container for outdoor occasions - camping or a day on the Lake.
I've never been all that impressed when I've sampled the store bought kind, but I made up a batch of this zesty pimiento cheese for a family RV trip, and it was a favorite snack. It was delicious and full of flavor, unlike the ones I have tried before.

ZESTY PIMIENTO CHEESE SANDWICHES


Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 3 drained (4 ounce) jars diced pimiento, 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions, 1 tablespoon dry mustard, 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce, 3/4 teaspoon celery seeds, 3/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in 5 cups freshly grated white cheddar cheese until well blended. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours, spread between two slices of bread.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Southern Living, February 2012
www.southernliving.com › Food › Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment