Wednesday, June 5, 2013

THE STRAWBERRY MUDDLE

I served this fun cocktail before a friend and I attended a recent show at the Walton Arts Center. Our regular mama schedules left little time to catch up before the performance, so it was a quick drink, bite to eat (I thought this yummy and fresh cocktail paired well with a triple cream brie with strawberries and crostini sprinkled with sea salt and herbs de provence) and an excited flurry of words on the back deck before rushing off to the show.
"Listen to your Mother" was absolutely incredible, we laughed, we cried and I felt my role as a mother was re-affirmed and re-energized. Every women (and Man) up there had a wonderful, touching, thought provoking story, that made me feel so very thankful to be a mother.
I told my kids about the show earlier and my oldest son said "no Mum, what is it really called". They were as intrigued as I was, and I'm not sure I could find the words to fully explain its awesomeness to them even after seeing the show.

THE STRAWBERRY MUDDLE


1 1/2 cups chopped hulled strawberries
3 tablespoons of agave nectar
juice of 1 lemon
6 ounces of gin
6 thin lemon slices
ice
1 chilled bottle of prosecco

Divide strawberries among 6 glasses, add 1/2 tablespoon of agave nectar, a splash of lemon juice, and 1 ounce of gin to each glass. Mash with a muddler.
Add a lemon slice to each glass, several ice cubes and top with prosecco.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit, July 2009
www.bonappetit.com/recipes‎

No comments:

Post a Comment