Wednesday, January 8, 2014

EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS

In the snow days immediately following the Christmas break - I felt like I was also still on holiday. I slept in and baked and lay around reading to the kids - all thoughts of paying bills, writing thank you notes and catching up on other recently neglected tasks were forgotten.
A friend called in for a brief visit - her car is obviously not a REAR-wheel drive - and I served these chocolate chip bars to the kids. Her son told her later "Mom, this tastes like a piece of heaven!!!!
Thankfully I was able to indulge in some girl time, as later that afternoon my husband dropped off 3 extra kids, a couple of pizzas and left to have dinner with friends at James at the Mill www.jamesatthemill.com/‎

EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS


1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350F.
Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
Add flour and salt, mix well. Stir in semi-sweet and white chocolate chips. Press mixture into a 15 by 10 inch baking pan (I made half of the recipe and used a 7 by 11 inch baking pan).
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (I baked my smaller pan for 15 to 20 minutes), or until lightly browned.
Cool for 5 minutes. Cut into bars while still warm.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Food and Family, Fall 2006
www.kraftrecipes.com/foodfamilyarchive/foodandfamilyarchivelanding....‎

No comments:

Post a Comment