Monday, January 27, 2014

BEET AND GOAT CHEESE FILLED ENDIVE

Following a day of Pilates, meeting friends for coffee and lunch, I hosted happy hour for another group of friends. Lovely ladies that had graciously welcomed me into their homes over the past year, and I was excited to invite them to gather in mine.
Everyone brings a dish, and I knew with my busy day away from home, I needed an appetizer I could make in the 30 minutes between picking my kids up and the arrival of the ladies - these beet and goat cheese endive came together in a matter of minutes, making them the perfect pairing for my happy hour.

BEET AND GOAT CHEESE FILLED ENDIVE


1 beet, cooked, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 to 2 heads of endive
3 ounces of goat cheese, crumbled

Toast almonds on a baking sheet until golden, about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside. Separate heads of endive into leaves, trimming to equal lengths.
Divide beet pieces between the endive spears, top with cheese and almonds.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Shape Magazine, December 2013
www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-recipes‎

No comments:

Post a Comment