Monday, February 27, 2012

CREAMY CORN STUDDED POLENTA

This was a side I made to compliment the grilled chicken and vegetables my husband made for dinner one night. In our family, I do most of the weeknight cooking, and my husband has fallen into the role of Sunday night chef, always with delicious results.

CREAMY CORN STUDDED POLENTA


1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups of fresh corn kernels (I used 1 can of corn, because I didn't have fresh)
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste

Bring broth, cream and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in cornmeal, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add corn, increase heat and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook until cornmeal is soft, thick and creamy, stirring often, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit, May 2008
www.bonappetit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment