Thursday, August 23, 2012

CARAMEL ROCKY ROAD S'MORES BARS

CARAMEL ROCKY ROAD S'MORES BARS

I am the Hospitality Co-ordinator at my kids school, and I LOVE it!! Our teachers do an amazing job, and I truly enjoy being able to show my appreciation - in small ways, such as dropping home made treats to the teachers lounge, and in bigger ways, like organizing the annual Teacher Appreciation Luncheon.
I made these bars to celebrate the beginning of the school year, and although they don't begin to express the gratitude I feel as a parent for all the teachers do - its a start.


1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
4 cups mini marshmallows
1 12 ounce package of chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts
bag of caramels
1/4 cup milk

Heat oven to 375F.
Beat together butter and sugar. Add flour and crumbs, press into a 9 by 13 inch pan.
Sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips and walnuts on top of crust. Melt caramels and milk and pour on top.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment