Monday, October 1, 2012

CHEWY BROWNIES

I first made these for a Cub Scout committee meeting my husband was hosting at our house, and then for my Uncle, who was visiting from New Zealand. These are some of the richest, most delicious brownies I have ever tasted - they are moist and fudgy and perfect! They were loved by adults and children alike, and I believe the recipe for these Chewy Brownies has been one of my most requested ever.

CHEWY BROWNIES


1 cup (2 sticks) butter
6 tablespoons baking cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of chopped nuts (optional) (I added chocolate chips instead of nuts)

Combine the butter and baking cocoa in the top of a double boiler over simmering water (I put them in a pot, over low heat). Cook until the butter is melted, stirring frequently. Remove the mixture to a bowl (I left the butter mixture in the pot, and mixed in the rest of the ingredients). Stir in the sugar and eggs quickly. Fold in the flour, vanilla and nuts (or chocolate chips if using).
Pour into a buttered 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch baking pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes; do not over bake. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 1 hour. Cut into squares.
Makes 12 servings
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Add Another Place Setting
Add Another Place Setting - Junior League of Northwest Arkansas www.juniorleaguenwa.org/?nd=store_detail&product_id...

No comments:

Post a Comment