Sunday, September 30, 2012

CHICKEN FINGERS WITH HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE

My husband and I arrived back in the country, on a Sunday night, at 2am in the morning. Then I cleaned all that day in anticipation of family arriving the day after, so needless to say, I hadn't given dinner much thought. I joked we would be having chicken nuggets, then remembered I had this recipe for chicken fingers - perfect for kids, and yummy enough for adults.
My daughter wanted to help me cook, and once I had cut up the chicken, and set up the bowls with the buttermilk and breadcrumbs, and the cooking sheet, she was able to do the rest.

CHICKEN FINGERS WITH HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE



3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut across into 3/4 inch slices
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
salt
pepper
honey mustard sauce (recipe below)

Heat the oven to 400F.
Combine the chicken and buttermilk in a shallow dish, turning the chicken once to coat with the buttermilk. Cover and chill for 15 minutes (I completely missed this step, but the dish still turned out ok).
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or foil.
Combine breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip each piece of chicken in the crumbs to fully coat and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through about 16 minutes. Serve with the mustard sauce.

HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE

1/4 cup dijon mustard
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons honey

In a small bowl, stir together the mustard and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the honey.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from USA Weekend, August, 2012
www.usaweekend.com/section/FOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment