Thursday, September 13, 2012

CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS

We receive a weekly vegetable delivery, and lately there has been more zucchini than we know what to do with. I had been looking for ways to use them, when I came across this recipe. I decided to try it, thinking my kids would love it and they did!! It could have been the cocoa and spices, or it could have been the chocolate chips I added - either way, I was thrilled they were getting a tasty and somewhat healthy snack.

CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS


3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom

Heat oven to 350F.
Lightly grease or line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
In a large bowl beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar and oil. Add the cocoa, vanilla, zucchini and stir well.
Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. Mix until just moist.
Pour batter into prepared muffin tins filling 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack. Store loosely covered.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love yours too! What vegetable delivery service do you use? I've used Old Soul quite a bit. I started customizing my box because I was overrun with carrots and sweet potatoes! :) I'm going to try this recipe as I have some zucchini on the counter. Is there a certain brand of cardamom you recommend? I see it in lots of recipes, but I haven't ever purchased.

    ReplyDelete