Tuesday, September 11, 2012

BAKED FIG CROSTINI

I met with a friend recently, who told me about a pizza she had tried in Canada, with figs, proscuitto and blue cheese. I came across this recipe, bought the ingredients, and was excited to make it for my husband. We were trying to decide whether to go out for dinner or stay in one night, but once I mentioned this delicious dish, he chose date night at home.

BAKED FIG CROSTINI


Heat oven to 350F.
Stir together 4 ounces of chopped, cooked Canadian bacon, 1 tablespoon of finely chopped toasted walnuts, and 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme.
Slice 8 fresh figs. Spread goat cheese on each crostini, spoon bacon mixture on top.
Bake on a baking sheet, 7 minutes.
Drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey.
Serve immediately.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Southern Living, August 2010
www.southernliving.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment