Friday, September 7, 2012

KUMARA WITH HOT BASIL SAUCE

I love any reason to cook kumara, or Japanese sweet potato. I found this recipe when I was searching for a quick side to add to our meal, using ingredients we already had. I loved the pesto sauce with the sweet, roasted kumara and crunchy lettuce, and enjoyed it for dinner, and lunch the next day.

KUMARA WITH HOT BASIL SAUCE


1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic
3/4 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
400g kumara, sliced and cooked (I baked mine at 400F for 20 minutes, turning it once)
lettuce

Place oil, garlic and basil in a food processor and process until smooth. Place in a bowl, stir in cheese and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir well.
Arrange lettuce on serving plates and top with kumara.
Spoon hot sauce over, garnish with freshly ground black pepper if desired.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment