Wednesday, September 12, 2012

THE DERBY

My husband and I put the kids to bed, and settled down to watch our hometown of Fayetteville Arkansas, on the "Great Food Truck Race". I wanted a fun cocktail to relax and enjoy the show with, and I think the cool weather was inspired me to look to a bourbon drink. I added orange juice to this recipe, simply because we had half an orange in the fruit basket. It was a perfect cocktail, I loved the whiskey paired with the fruit juices - wonderful for a chilly evening

THE DERBY


1 ounce bourbon whiskey
juice of 1/2 orange
juice of 1 lime
1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
1/2 ounce orange curaçao

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the bourbon whiskey, orange and lime juices, sweet vermouth and orange curaçao. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Serious Eats
www.seriouseats.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment