Saturday, November 10, 2012

BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD

We invited some of my children's friends over for a play date, and I wanted to make something yummy, quick and easy for an after school snack. The bonus - I was able to use up the ripe bananas languishing in the fruit bowl.
I saw this recipe made two loaves, and I thought we would enjoy one, and give one away. However, the first loaf was finished off quickly, with the kids still wanting more! So we cut into the second loaf to keep the hunger at bay, and to fuel the fun the friends were having!

BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD


1 box white cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant banana cream pudding and pie filling
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed
4 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350F.
Mix all the ingredients well. Pour into two greased loaf pans.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Real Simple, November 2004
www.realsimple.com/magazine.../real-simple...2004.../index.html

1 comment:

  1. I have never thought of using a cake mix for banana bread. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete