Tuesday, November 13, 2012

EGG SALAD SANDWICH WITH DILL

I know an "egg salad sandwich" recipe must seem a little odd for this time of year - with most magazine, newspaper, television and on-line posts gearing up for the Holidays. As much as I love cooking for an occasion, I also enjoy quiet, plain food. I give my thanks for simple, quick and easy dining - and this sandwich is ideal for an effortless, uncomplicated lunch or dinner.

EGG SALAD SANDWICH WITH DILL


8 hard boiled eggs, peeled
2 tablespoons minced green onion
1/4 cup minced celery
1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 cups iceberg lettuce
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
8 slices of bread of your choice

Chop or grate the eggs. Stir in the onion, celery, mustard, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Divide the egg salad among 4 slices of bread, place lettuce on top of egg salad and sprinkle with dill-tarragon mixture. Top with the remaining bread slices. Cut in half and serve.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from The Morning News, April 2004

1 comment:

  1. I have never thought of putting dill with egg salad. I love dill so this sounds great! I'll try it next summer with some from my garden (or maybe I'll just get impatient and make some with dried!).

    ReplyDelete