Friday, January 11, 2013

BROCCOLI CASSEROLE

We have a new oven and I am very excited!! I wanted to do a whole kitchen remodel, and my husband was happy with the way our kitchen was, so we reached a compromise. A new appliance, a fresh coat of paint, storing the kitchen aid and microwave under the counter, removing the pot rack and adding a plush throw rug, and it seemed like a different space.
I needed to familiarize myself with the latest addition to our kitchen and I deemed it essential to make something that wouldn't upset my family too much if it went wrong. I chose an easy, dependable recipe that would be difficult to ruin and apparently I managed rather well, as my son proclaimed this Broccoli Casserole to be the best ever!!

BROCCOLI CASSEROLE


5 tablespoons butter, divided
1 onion, finely chopped
1 (10.75 ounce) can of cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup mayonnaise
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 12 ounce package of chopped, frozen broccoli, thawed
14 buttery round crackers, finely crushed

Heat oven to 350F.
Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Saute onion until golden.
In a bowl, mix together onion, cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup of cheese, mayonnaise, eggs, garlic powder, pepper, salt and lemon juice. Stir in the broccoli. Place in casserole dish, top with crushed crackers, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, and dot with 2 tablespoons of butter.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
allrecipes.com/recipe/broccoli-casserole-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment