Tuesday, May 28, 2013

CREOLE OLD FASHIONED

I recently sorted through and cleaned out my recipe box. I had accumulated so many, that it was taking me a ridiculous amount of time to search through them all when I was looking for something to cook.
Like clothing, food is seasonal, and there are certain items for special occasions - so I separated my collection into winter and summer and then further divided the recipes into categories such as St Valentines day, Halloween and Easter.
Since I was looking at so many fabulous sounding food and beverage combinations, I thought I would mix up a little something fun, and of course, seasonally appropriate.

CREOLE OLD FASHIONED


Fill a glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, stir together 1 ounce cognac, 1 ounce dark rum, 1 to 2 teaspoons of agave nectar, and a dash each of Angostura bitters and orange bitters.
Pour the mixture into the prepared glass and serve.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Food and Wine, July 2012
www.foodandwine.com/‎

No comments:

Post a Comment