Thursday, May 16, 2013

LAVENDER AND LEMON COOKIES

Although it already feels like a million years ago, it was Teacher Appreciation just this past week. I was eager to show the wonderful staff at our school a little of the gratitude and thanks I feel they deserve. So filled with warmth and affection, I baked up this treat.
In the same week, I was invited to dinner with an incredible group of ladies, with the most welcoming, lovely, gracious hostess you could imagine.
She prepared the entire gorgeous dinner herself, and because I don't like to turn up empty handed, I
I made these light, flavorful cookies a second time, once again while filled with warmth and affection.
I loved the combination of the two types of flours, and the sweetness of the honey and sugar with the tartness of the lemon, and I am also in love with the fabulous labels from Shindig Paperie (shindigpaperie.com/‎).

LAVENDER AND LEMON COOKIES


3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons arrowroot
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon dried lavender
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick of unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, chilled
1 lemon, zested
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Heat oven to 350F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a food processor, pulse together flour, almond flour, arrowroot, sugar, lavender, salt and baking soda.
Add the butter and lemon zest. Pulse until the mixture forms a soft dough. Form the dough into 1-inch balls and press into discs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick (I used a glass and dipped the bottom in sugar so it didn't stick to the cookie dough).
Arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until light brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely, about 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/lavender-and-lemon-cookies-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment