Thursday, May 30, 2013

ROASTED ORANGE GINGER ASPARAGUS

I didn't realize how much I appreciated our busy, but manageable, not too crazy life. Lots of activities, but sufficient time protected and set aside to spend together as a couple and a family.
However, our carefully planned schedule went awry - we endured a week with an event every night, then a trip out of town for me followed by my husband leaving to attend a seminar in another city the day after I returned. Needless to say, we were left feeling a little disconnected and out of touch - with our routine, children, and each other.
Although the addition of Cheer practice to our lives, thanks to my daughters recent interest, has caused us to have to change and juggle a few things, it has been wonderful to return to our regular rhythm once again. Which of course will all change again in a day when the kids are out of school.
While my husband was out of town, I dug to see what he had filled the refrigerator and pantry with while I was gone. Finding a large bunch of asparagus, and having all the ingredients for this wonderful summer recipe, enabled me to make the perfect dinner.

ROASTED ORANGE GINGER ASPARAGUS


2 pounds of fresh asparagus
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Heat oven to 400F.
Snap off and discard the tough ends of the asparagus. Place asparagus on a lightly greased baking sheet. Whisk together orange juice, olive oil, ginger, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle mixture over asparagus, tossing to coat.
Bake for 15 minutes, or to desired degree of tenderness, turning once after 8 minutes.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Southern Living, March 2010
www.southernliving.com/food/‎

No comments:

Post a Comment