Sunday, March 2, 2014

GRAPEFRUIT ELDERFLOWER SPARKLER and TANGERINE LIME SPARKLER

I can't think of the last time I went to the theatre to see a movie - it's awful and seems un-American, I know! But when I have a sitter for the kids, I am more interested in dinner, drinks and uninterrupted conversation, and my husband always volunteers to take the kids to see the kid movies.
Consequently, I'm clueless about the Oscar nominations, so if I watch the show tonight, it will be with a classic, red carpet worthy champagne style of cocktail, as opposed to a fun movie themed drink.

GRAPEFRUIT ELDERFLOWER SPARKLER


1 ounce elderflower liqueur
1 ounce chilled pink grapefruit juice
3 ounces chilled sparkling wine

Combine the elderflower liqueur and grapefruit juice, top with the sparkling wine.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Cosmopolitan, February 2013
www.cosmopolitan.com › Index › Food/Cocktails‎

TANGERINE LIME SPARKLER


Drop a sugar cube into a champagne flute. Add 1 ounce of fresh tangerine juice and 1/4 ounce of fresh lime juice, top with sparkling wine.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray, January/February 2013
www.rachaelray.com/‎

No comments:

Post a Comment