Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"MEATBALLS"

I tried to fool my kids after school by offering tasty "meatballs" as a healthy snack. Then I tried to pass them off as an appetizer to my husband before we sat down to dinner - apparently my family can sense chocolate a mile off, because they were clearly devouring no-bake cookies, and not the meatball of my imagination.
Happy April Fools Day!

"MEATBALLS"


1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups uncooked oats
strawberry preserves
grated white chocolate

Mix the butter, milk, sugar and cocoa powder together in a saucepan over medium heat, until the mixture comes to a boil. Let it cook for a minute, stirring constantly.
Turn off the heat and stir in the peanut butter and oats.
Drop by tablespoons onto wax paper. Let cookies cool for a few minutes, then shape into balls with your hands.
Thin the preserves with a little water and drizzle on the plate to look like spaghetti sauce, top with the "meatballs", and sprinkle with the "cheese".
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Spoonful
http://spoonful.com/recipes/fake-meatball-sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment