Sunday, April 13, 2014

YOGURT AND BLUEBERRY PANCAKES

I made these "yogurt and blueberry pancakes" in minutes for a busy Saturday morning - I was off to an exercise class and the kids all had friends sleeping over. Once I had worked out, kids were all returned to their respective homes, my daughter at horse riding, and my oldest at karate, it was time for Max and Mummy time. We found our way to the nearest coffee shop, excitedly placed our order, and then had to leave immediately because I had left my wallet at home! We finally made it back for our treats, although our "special time" was a little briefer than we had expected.

Max and Mama time!!
YOGURT AND BLUEBERRY PANCAKES


Put 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour and 1 teaspoon baking soda in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add 1 egg and 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt, and whisk until smooth. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, then drop blueberries onto each pancake. Flip and cook for a further 1 minute or until light brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
Top pancakes with extra yogurt, a drizzle of honey and extra blueberries.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Australian Better Homes and Gardens, April 2014
www.bhg.com/recipes/‎

No comments:

Post a Comment