Sunday, April 27, 2014

THE SCREENED PORCH

My husband was out of town this weekend, turkey hunting, and my days were filled with kids activities, laundry and reading on the back porch, and my evenings with friends, food, wine and lots of laughter and great conversation. It was a wonderful weekend, and, wonderful to welcome my husband back.
I cooked a lovely meal, and we began the evening with cocktail hour. I even shared my precious solitary spot with him out on the porch.

THE SCREENED PORCH


Muddle 2 teaspoons of fig preserves, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 2 lemon wedges in a cocktail shaker to release flavors. Fill shaker with ice cubes, and add 1/4 cup Bourbon. Cover with lid and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled (about 30 seconds). Strain into a cocktail glass.
Enjoy!

Recipe adpated from Southern Living, September 2013
www.southernliving.com/food/‎

1 comment: