Sunday, September 25, 2011

SOFT ROLLS

As much as I try to cook with yeast, it still scares me and I still don't seem to be able to master it!!
A friend had brought back some amazing butter from France, studded with granules of salt, and I wanted something special to pair it with, so I thought I would attempt home made bread!! Im not sure the rolls were of a quality to serve with the fabulous butter, but my son enjoyed helping me make them, and my family definitely enjoyed eating them.

SOFT ROLLS





1 2/3 cups milk, at room temperature
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 ounce active dry yeast
2 3/4 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 egg, beaten

Mix milk, flour, yeast, salt, sugar, butter and eggs using a dough hook at low speed. Increase speed to medium, and mix for about 15 minutes.
Transfer dough to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise 1 hour.
Portion dough into 2-ounce balls (about the size of a small lime) and place on a baking sheet.
Let rolls rise 30 to 45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Brush rolls lightly with beaten egg. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment