Saturday, September 10, 2011

TOFFEE CHIP BARS

I thought I had the task, every Tuesday, of making a snack for my husband and oldest son to take to their Boy Scout meeting. I quickly whipped up these toffee chip bars, only to find I had imagined it to be a weekly assignment! Apparently the chocolate brownies with green icing were far more desirable than my home made treat - which I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't left to me to finish off the remains of the bars!

TOFFEE CHIP BARS



2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup, firmly packed, light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups crushed chocolate coated toffee bars
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F.
Butter a 9 by 13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, one half at a time. Stir in crushed toffee bars and spread in baking pan. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Cool and cut into bars.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from the foodnetwork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment