Wednesday, September 11, 2013

BLUEBERRY ZUCCHINI BREAD

I am fortunate to have the most incredible women in my life - friends and family, near and far, old and new!
The saying is "it takes a village" - I believe not only to raise a child, but also to enable a woman to reach her full potential and live her best life.
The women in my life lift me up, keep me grounded, support me in good and bad, give me love, lend me their ears and shoulders, guide me, advise me, accept me, watch my children and my back.
There are many in my "village", each one bringing her own individuality, to encompass all parts of life, even during the hurtful times. It is then I believe the most valuable lessons can be learned, and the most personal growth achieved.
I made this Blueberry Zucchini Bread one morning for a friend who came to the house to give me a makeover, I felt beautiful and confident when she had finished. The "pretty" in my village.

BLUEBERRY ZUCCHINI BREAD


2 cups flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs
3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup blueberries

Heat oven to 350F. Lightly coat the bottom of 8 4-inch mini loaf pans, or 1 9-inch pan with cooking spray, set aside.
In a large bowl combine flour, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and baking powder, set aside. In another bowl, mix eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture and stir until combined. Gently stir in zucchini and then blueberries.
Spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake about 20 to 25 minutes for mini pans, or about 1 hour for larger pan, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of each comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes before removing. Serve warm or let cool completely before slicing.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Parents, May 2011
www.parents.com › The Latest from Parents Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment